Everyone at GPS has an Office365 account with access to Online Outlook email at mail.gps.edu. There is a link in Outlook online email for downloading the Microsoft Office Suite of apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote
Step 1: Download the MS Office 2016 installer package and install Office 2016
- Open your browser (Safari or Chrome) and go to mail.gps.edu. This opens your Outlook email web app (Office 365). Login with your GPS email address and password.
- Click the gear icon on the top right and under Your App Settings choose Office 365. A new Settings tab will open.
- On the left under Settings, click Software.
- A new tab will open with Microsoft Office software for either the Mac or PC. Click the Install button. This will download a software installer file. Click “continue” if you get a message about verifying the website.
- When the download is complete, double-click on the installer package found in your Downloads folder.
- The Install Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac (or PC) window opens. Click continue. Note, these directions are for a Mac, but installation for a PC should be similar.
- Follow the steps to install the software.
Step 2: Activate your MS Office Software
- Your Microsoft applications will be found by clicking the Launchpad icon .
- Drag any apps you use frequently (Word, Excel, down to the dock. Please be sure not to drag application icons to your desktop or they will no longer function.
- Click on any of the MS Office applications. Sign in to your Work/School account with your GPS email and password.