Download OneDrive for Mac and backup all your files!
About OneDrive for Business for the Mac
Everyone at GPS has an Office365 account with access to (1) Online email at mail.gps.edu (2) OneDrive cloud storage (unlimited space), (3) the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote) both online and downloadable to any computer and (4) Microsoft apps for the iPhone and iPad.
Microsoft released OneDrive for Business for the Mac on January 29, 2015; at the time of writing, this app is in beta.
After you download and install the OneDrive app, a OneDrive folder is created on your computer. Anything you save to or drag to the OneDrive folder will be synced to OneDrive in your Office 365 (Outlook) account. Your files will be safely backed up online (in the cloud), and available on any computer with internet or any iOS device.
How to Install OneDrive for Business for the Mac
- Click this link (www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45519)
- Click Download
- Open your Downloads folder and double click the installer
- Double click the blue cloud icon to begin the installation
- Welcome to the OneDrive for Business Installer: click Continue
- Software license agreement: click Continue
- Agree to terms: click Agree
- Standard install on Macintosh HD: click Install
- Type in your login password and click Install Software
- The installation was successful: click Close
- Open your Applications folder and double click the OneDrive for Business.app
- Welcome to OneDrive for Business: Click Get Started.
- Type in your GPS email user name and password. Click Sign In.
- Click Choose OneDrive for Business Folder Location
- Click on a location for your OneDrive folder (e.g., Desktop) and click Choose this location
- Confirmation of your location choice: Click Next to finish
- The OneDrive folder will be in the location you specified in #13 above. There will also be a OneDrive for Business folder in your Finder sidebar.
How to access OneDrive Online
Any files, folders, pictures, or videos saved to or dragged into the OneDrive folder on your computer will also be available through your Office 365 (Outlook) account. You can also access OneDrive through the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click here to open your Office365 account online.
- Sign in with your GPS user name and password. Click on the menu symbol on the top left of your Office 365 account window. Click the OneDrive button.
- For a shortcut to OneDrive online, click the OneDrive cloud icon on the menu bar at the top of your Mac screen, and choose View Files in Browser. Login to Office365 (GPS email) and the OneDrive folder will be open
- In your OneDrive account, deleting files is a little tricky. Click the 3 dots to edit, then 3 dots for more, and choose Delete. Add files by dragging them in or click “upload.”