The new (January 2015) Outlook app really is outstanding and has more features than Outlook for the Mac! Download the app on an iPad or iPhone here. This app replaces the OWA app for Outlook.
- Mail is sorted into Focused and Other tabs; less important emails are automatically placed into Other. The sorting is very intuitive but also customizable. Another time-saving feature is the Quick Filter for Unread, Flagged, and Files (all recently attached files).
- There are customizable swipe gestures for delete, schedule, mark as unread, etc.
- Send Availability lets you find and share your available meeting times with just a few clicks. See the toolbar pictured below.
- The Files tab gives you access to your cloud accounts like Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive. Also included is a list of recently attached documents available to share, attach, or save.
- The People tab: “People view shows people you email with most often and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and shared files.” Source: Microsoft.
- Search is fast, and all folders are searched at one time. Results indicate where the email is located: inbox, sent items, or deleted.
- Every email, reply, and forward includes this toolbar under your signature for easy access to:
Read this article by the Outlook team A Deeper Look at Outlook for iOS and Android. Topics include:
- Tabs for Focused and Other
- Swipe Gestures including Schedule
- Predictive search
- New features for scheduling a meeting
- Attachments made easy
- Designed for iOS and Android
- The future
- Frequently asked questions