Sending your print job to Mac_Secure_Print allows you to login and print, copy, or scan from any of the GPS copy machines distributed throughout the GPS campus. Scroll to the bottom for locations.
Step 1: Send your print job to the copier
Please ask any member of the IT team or Library to add the Mac_Secure_Print if you do not have it.
- Print your documents to Mac_Secure_Print (or to a stand-alone printer – the job will print out automatically – these printers can be added from the Self-Service app)
- If you are asked for your user name and password, type your email user name (no @gps.edu) and password, and select “Remember this password.”
- Go to any GPS copier to print – see Step 2 below. This ability to print your job at any copier is called Follow Me Printing.
Method 2: Air Print for iPads/iPhones
Method 3: Email to print
When to use email to print
- Send print jobs from home and have the job waiting to print out the next morning (up to 72 hours).
- Print emails and/or attachments to an email.
- Email to print can be used to print from your iPad or iPhone, but the preffered method is air print.
How to use email to print
- To print an email or the attachments, forward the email to email@example.com
- To print a document, photo, etc., attach it to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The body of the message and attachments will print separately. The attachments may take a little longer to show in the print list on the copier.
- Your job will not print unless it is sent from a GPS email account. To change your default mail account, open Settings > Mail > scroll down to Default Account > Choose GPS (or Exchange)
- Depending on the size of the email, it may take a minute to appear on the copier machine. Tap Refresh if you do not see your email. See Step 2 below to release your print job from any copy machine
Step 2: Redeem your print job from any copier
- You can redeem your print job from any GPS copier – see locations below
- Be sure the copier is turned on. If the screen is black, tap the Power button and give the copier a minute to warm up.
- Card login: Scan your employee key card, tap Login. The first time you scan your card, you will get a message saying “Your ID Card is unknown. Please login with your user name and password to register your ID card.” Follow with the Manual login, #4.
- Manual login
- Tap the username window, type your email user name (without the @gps.edu), tap OK
- Tap the password window, type your email password (case sensitive), tap OK, tap Login
- Tap Secure Print.
- Tap Refresh if your job is not listed.
- Tap to highlight the job you wish to print, or if there are several jobs, tap several lines or the Select All button.
- If you are printing an email, the attachments and the email will show as separate jobs. If you wish to print only the attachments, delete the .txt or .hml file.
- Tap Details to choose single (simplex) or double (duplex) sided, color or black & white, staple, number of copies, specific pages if needed, and other finishing options if available. Save trees! Print double sided, black&white when possible.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Print and Save (saved for 72 hours) or Print and Delete.
Copier Locations for students
- Library (color)
- Alcove across from the Bow
- 3rd floor Middle School languages hall
- 6th grade hall
- Science lobby