Last year we printed approximately 150,000 pages at GPS. That is the equivalent of 1500 pounds of paper.
Printing 9 black and white pages costs the same as 1 color page.
Paper waste facts from the Clean Air Council
- The average American uses about the equivalent of one 100-foot-tall Douglas fir tree in paper and wood products each year.
- The average office worker in the US uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year. That’s four million tons of copy paper used annually. Office workers in the US generate approximately two pounds of paper and paperboard products every day.
Follow these tips for saving paper!
New GPS Printer Capabilities
- Follow-me printing: print when you login to the printer and release the job. This extra step will save countless pages that are printed but never picked up and provides an extra security layer
- Print double-sided (duplexed) copies: the new printers default to double sided
- Use wider margins on your document, especially when there is a short last page
- Choose black and white over color
Don’t Print! Scan
- The TinyScan Pro app is available to all managed iPads through the GPS Self Service app (or use any scanning app)
- This app scans any paper or book by taking a picture and brightening the page
- Scan in color or black and white
- Save to camera roll, open in another app, or email the page to yourself.
- Teachers can scan and upload worksheets, handwritten items, and other documents directly to our Learning Management System for distribution to students
- Students can scan handwritten documents to share with others or turn in to teachers
- Library iPad scanners (3) are available for quickly scanning books and other items
- Color scanning is available on all our new copy machines – scan to your email or any other email address.