GPS email can be accessed using any web browser. The email sign in window also opens your Microsoft Office 365 account (provided to all students, staff, and faculty).
Please follow these instructions to login
- Click this link or paste it into your browser: http://mail.gps.edu.
- Login to your Office 365 account using your GPS email and password provided by the IT department. Click Sign In.
- You will now be in your GPS email.
How to Navigate in online email
Match the numbers in this sample Office 365 Outlook screen with the explanations below
- Windows symbol: click the windows symbol for access to calendar, people, tasks, etc.
- Search box: type your search term: a name or a word from the subject or body of the message. All mailboxes (inbox, sent, deleted) will be searched. Hint: you can type from: or to: with a name to narrow your search.
- Folders: add folders to save and sort messages. To create a new folder, hover on the word Folder and click the + sign. Type the name of the new folder and press return. Click More to see your list of folders. Click Expand to show the Folders list, or click Collapse to hide it. Move a message to a folder by clicking and dragging it or by right clicking on the message and choose Move, then Move to a different folder > click on the desired folder > click Move.
- New: Click the down arrow next to the + New symbol to create a new message or calendar event.
- Filter, Sort by, and View as: Click the expansion arrow next to All (see the example below) to change the Filter and Sort by criteria for each of your mailboxes. Under View As, choose Conversations (back-and-forth email conversations nested together) or keep them as separate Messages sorted and filtered as you choose. The most common setting for your inbox is no Filter – All, and sort by Date. Other options are useful when searching by certain criteria, for example, emails with attachments.
- Messages: These are your email messages. Hover on each message for icons to delete, mark as read, flag, or pin the message at the top of the folder.
- Message actions: First select the message by clicking on it or by checking the box and then apply the actions along the top of the message window (#7) . Right clicking on a message also reveals a list of most message actions.
- Reading pane: Displays the contents of the selected message. Click on Settings (Gear icon #10) > then click Display settings to move or hide the reading pane.
- Reply: Respond to any selected message by clicking the down arrow to reply, reply all, forward, and many more options.
If you have any questions, please send us a helpdesk request by emailing email@example.com or call Elizabeth Resnick at firstname.lastname@example.org (423) 424-4509.