Girls Preparatory School email signature guidelines:
- It is recommended to use the signature template provided below to create your email signature.
- Background images or patterns for emails should not be used.
- The standard font is Calibri, size 14.
Girls Preparatory School | 423.634.5555
- Download and set up Outlook for Mac 2015 from your online Outlook using directions here.
- Add your email account to the new Outlook account using directions here.
- Launch Outlook.
- Click Outlook on the menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Signatures icon.
- Double-click Standard under the Signature name to rename it, for example, GPS, or click on the plus sign [+] on the bottom left corner to add a new signature.
- Select your new signature name on the left.
- On the right hand side below the dotted line (then delete the line), type your signature or copy and modify the signature template above. You can format your signature by clicking on the Format menu (top of your screen).and then choosing Text, Font and so on.
- Next, click the down arrows to select your default signature for New messages and Replies/forwards (See picture above).
- Close the Signature window.
Advanced formatting tips
Apply formatting such as font, font style, font size, font color, or highlighting by selecting the text, and then on the Format menu, click the option that you want.
Add a hyperlink by positioning the cursor in the signature where you want to add a link, and then on the Format menu, click Hyperlink.
Add a picture by dragging a picture from the desktop to the position where you want it to appear in the signature.
Good to know
If a signature is added to a plain-text message, any formatting or pictures are not used. Hyperlinks are converted to plain text.
You can create multiple signatures and select which signature you want to use with a particular email message. After clicking New > E-mail message, click the Signature drop down arrow in the ribbon menu and select between your signatures.
You will have to create a signature for each of your applications, including the iPhone/iPad mail app, OWA for iPhone, and the Outlook Web App.