Several departments use shared public folders to store department documents; however, these folders should not be used to backup important work. All backup should be done on Google Drive.
How to access the server folders
- Click the Windows Explorer icon on your taskbar (at the bottom of screen) or search for Windows Explorer.
- In the address bar type: \\GPS6. Press enter (or return).
- In the GPS 6 folder list you can double click on the teachers or the public folders. Students click on the students folders. Double click other sub-folders as needed.
- Copy and past files from the right side to your Documents on the left to keep a copy.
- Open Finder. On the left side is the Finder sidebar. Find Shared, then click All. This may take a few seconds to load. If there is not connection, click the Connect All button and type your username and password.
- In the Finder window, double click on GPS 6.
- In the GPS 6 folder list you can choose teachers or public folders. Students click on the students folders.
- Copy and past files or folders to keep a copy.