Teacher and students’ iPads and newer MacBook Air laptops can be projected wirelessly using AirPlay.
Connecting via AirPlay
- Turn on your projector and choose the correct channel to display your computer (usually Computer 1 or Computer 2).
- To access AirPlay on the iPad or iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of your device, click the AirPlay button (box with an arrow below it), and choose either the Apple TV (usually the room number) or the Mac/PC reflected device (for instance, Elizabeth’s MacBook Air).
- To access AirPlay on a Mac, click the AirPlay icon on your menu bar at the top of the screen and choose your room’s Apple TV. If your Mac is not AirPlay-enabled, you should install AirParrott – contact the IS Dept.
- To access AirPlay on a PC, contact the IS Dept.
- Your Apple TV will display a login code. Type in the code on your device and you will be connected.
- To use Reflector, you must first install the Reflector app on your Mac or PC.
- Your Mac or PC must be connected (hardwired or wirelessly) to a projector. This allows AirPlay on the iPad (iPhone, or iPod touch) to wirelessly mirror to your Mac or PC, and subsequently to the projector.
- To reflect using AirPlay on the iPad or iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of your device, click the AirPlay button, and choose the name of the computer running Reflector. More than one student or teacher can reflect at the same time.