Quick accent marks
Press and hold a key and type the number of the corresponding accent mark (while continuing to hold the key down). For example, accent choices for the letter e include the following:
Add an international keyboard (alternate input source)
- Click on the Apple logo on the top left of your Mac and click System Preferences.
- Click on the Keyboard icon > click the Input Sources tab > click the + sign > and choose the desired keyboard (e.g., Spanish – ISO keyboard).
- Click the box in front of Show Input menu in the menu bar.
- Click on the American flag icon next to the date on the top menu bar of your laptop.
- Select another keyboard when needed.