All GPS employees and students have a Google Drive account that includes all Google Apps: Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. YouTube is also included.
Export a video to YouTube from an iPhone or iPad
- Before exporting to YouTube, save your video to Photos if it is in another app. Click the Share button to save to Photos. If the video is on another device, AirDrop is the quickest method to share to your device.
- Open Photos, tap Select, and tap the video you wish to share (it will have a blue checkmark).
- Below the video, scroll across your list of apps and tap YouTube.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your Google account – enter your GPS email. Tap Next. Sign into MyGPS with your username and password. Tap Remember me and Login. Tap Allow.
- The Youtube publish video window opens. Give the video a Title, Description, Choose Standard or HD definition, add a Tag, and choose a Category.
- Scroll down to select the privacy level: Public (viewable by anyone), Unlisted (anyone with a link can view and the video does not appear in YouTube search results, your channel, or on the Browse page) or Private (can only be seen by you and others you choose). Click here for more YouTube privacy information.
- Tap Publish on the top right. Close the keyboard to see the Progress tab at the bottom.
- A Published window will show when the upload is complete, and you will receive an email with a link to your video.
Export a video from iMovie to YouTube from a Mac
- From iMovie menu, click File > Share > YouTube.
- Add movie details: Name, description, Tags, resolution, category, and privacy level (see above for privacy details).
- At the bottom left, click Sign In…. Type your GPS email. Click Next. A warning will appear about your browser – ignore the warning because YouTube thinks MyGPS is a browser. Sign into MyGPS and click Login. Click Allow.
- You will be returned to the movie details page. Click Next… Click Publish. Your video upload progress is shown in a circle on the top right of the iMovie screen.
Edit and Share a video from YouTube
- Login to Google.
- Click the Google Apps symbol (on the right by your name). Click More > YouTube.
- Click on the 3 lines icon (far left, top). Select My Channel (in the left column), then click Video Manager (center along the top).
- Click on the underlined video name to open a video; the sharing options are underneath the video.
- Sharing options include: Share the link (can use the “Start at __ seconds” feature), Embed the video in a website (copy and paste the HTML code), or Email the link to the video.