Doodle is a great app for finding a common time to schedule a meeting or to create time slots for parent conferences.
There are 4 Steps to create your Doodle:
- Schedule an Event
- Propose Times
- Choose Settings
- Invite Participants
Schedule an Event
- Go to the Doodle website http://doodle.com/
- Create an account (optional).
- Click the (salmon) pink Create Doodle poll button.
- Fill out the Title, Location, and an optional note (participants will see this information).
- Click Continue.
- Choose the Dates: Click on the dates in the calendar to select – they turn pink as they are selected.
- Choose the Times: Click Start and enter the time slot start time. Click End to enter the time slot end time. Click + Add more times to add other time slots. Click Need different times for each day if applicable. Do not click Continue yet!
- Settings are optional. Click the Settings button to regulate participant choice.
- Setting options are in Figure 1 below. Choose Limit participants to a single vote for parent conferences.
- Click Confirm when done.
- You will be back to the calendar window. Click Continue.
- Add your name and email address. Click Finish.
- The window in Figure 2 will open with options to invite participants and a preview of your poll.
- Click the Edit button at the top to return to the beginning and edit your poll. Click More to export, delete, or print your poll.
- Click on Copy to copy the link to your Doodle.
- Option 1: Open your email, fill in email addresses, write a note and paste the link.
- Option 2: Go to MyGPS, select your course, click the Roster tab. Send communication to > Parents > the message window will open, Click Send via Email, an email window will open with parents in the BCC field. Type your message and paste the link.
- Option 3: For small groups, click the Email tab instead of copy. Enter email addresses and send an invitation to the poll.