What is Padlet?
“Padlet is an Internet application that allows people to express their thoughts on a common topic easily. It works like an online sheet of paper where people can put any content (e.g. images, videos, documents, text) anywhere on the page, together with anyone, from any device.”
Uses in the classroom
Teachers and students can use Padlet to collaborate, reflect, and share using almost any type of media, including links and photos. The location is secure for student privacy.
- To access Padlet go to https://padlet.com/
- Sign up with your Google or Facebook account, or click the Sign Up button to use your email.
- Padlet opens with your dashboard. From here you can start a new Padlet, see activity on a current Padlet, or scroll down for access to all your Padlets.
Create a Padlet
- Click the button to create a Padlet in a new tab.
- Click the gear icon to modify and design your Padlet. This opens a side-bar with all possible options:
- Layout: freeform, grid, or stream
- Wallpaper: Choose from their gallery or click More > Add your own.
- Icon: Optional, will appear next to the title. Choose from their gallery or click More > Add your own.
- Posting: Toggle on or off to show author name in posts
- Tags: Optional
- Address: The padlet address will be https://padlet.com/your user name/___. Create a Custom URL by modifying the portion after your user name.
- Click the pink Save button, then Close.
Set privacy options and share your Padlet
Click the Share icon, top right, to set the privacy and share options.
There are 2 tabs: People/Privacy and Share/Export/Embed:
People and Privacy Tab
- Set privacy to Private, Password protected. Secret. or Public. See Figure 1 below.
- Allow those with access to Read, Write, Moderate, or Administer.
Sharing options include a QR code, a link, an embed code for a blog or website (including MyGPS), email link, or an option to share on Facebook or Twitter. See Figure 2 below.
Have questions? Check out Padlet Junction for all the answers.