Teacher dilemma: “I need to send a message to the 8th grade class, and because it has an attachment, I can’t use MyGPS. What do I need to do to send this e-mail?”
- MyGPS allows teachers, coaches, or group leaders to send bulk communication to class or group members from the roster (or advisees) tab.
- The bulk communication can be sent as an email if you need to add attachments or allow replies.
- Replies to messages are sent to all recipients (like a group text), whereas replies to email with recipients in the BCC field will only be sent to the original sender or those in the To: or CC: field (not BCC).
Directions to convert a bulk message to email
- In MyGPS go to the class or group. Click on the Roster tab, then Bulk Communication: Members (or Parents, All, etc.).
- When the message window opens, click Send via email, then click Open list in email client.
- This will open the message in your email with the recipients in BCC, and it can be treated as a regular email.
If your email opens in Apple mail (not Outlook), here are directions to make Outlook your default email
- To use this option, you must have the Outlook app setup.
- Run the Mail application.
- On the Mail menu at the top of the screen, click Preferences.
- Click the General tab.
- For the Default email reader, select Microsoft Outlook app.
- Repeat Directions to convert above.