Since PDFs are a final version of a document, be sure to observe copyright permissions.
Scroll down for a 1-minute video.
How to convert a PDF to a Word document
- Save the PDF to your desktop.
- Open Acrobat Pro. On the top left, click the Tools tab. Under Export PDF, click Open.
- An Export your PDF to any format window will open. Be sure Microsoft Word is selected. Click Select a File. In the window that opens, click Desktop on the left column, select your PDF, and click Open.
- Back in the Export your PDF to any format window, click Export.
- The Export window will open. Click on the folder where you want your export saved to – either the Desktop or click Choose a Folder.
- Once you select the folder, a small export window opens with Word Document format selected. Rename your file if desired and click Save.
- The Word file will be on your desktop or in your desired folder.