MyGPS Getting Started: Discussion Board provides step-by-step instructions for creating new discussions in a course section. Teachers can also import discussions that they (or other teachers) previously created.
Click the link below to view or download the Google Doc:
Add a graded discussion
- Login to MyGPS, choose a class, click on +Discussion.
- Unusual settings
- Determine if students can see the responses at all times or only after they have submitted their own response.
- Determine if students can add their own files and embeds to their responses.
- The teacher can attach links, downloads, and/or embeds to the discussion (this is similar to add media to assessment questions). A Flipgrid, Padlet, or other web-based activity can be embedded.
View Discussion Responses
- In the class assignments, click on the blue name of the discussion to view the discussion detail page; all responses from all students can be viewed. (the total number of responses appears at the top of the page).
- If the discussion has been added to the Grade Book, teachers can also view the average grade and the total number of students who have been graded.
Manage Discussion Responses
- In the discussion detail page, click Add Response to respond to the original post or to an individual student.
- Click on the trash to delete a response or click on the eye icon to hide a response (click on the eye icon again to unhide a response).
- Deleted responses cannot be seen by teachers or students; hidden responses cannot be seen by students but can be seen by teachers.
- In the class roster list, click on a student’s name to view all of his/her responses, hide his/her responses, delete his/her responses, and add responses.