Create a Google shared folder for your students. Click here for directions.
Students move video into the shared Google Drive folder.
- create videos in an app. Save to Photos app.
- From Photos, tap the share button, then tap Drive.
- In the window that opens, tap Upload. The video will upload to the student’s drive account.
- Drag and drop the video into the shared folder.
Teacher opens videos in Explain Everything to make comments
- Open Explain Everything and click + sign to begin a new project
- On the toolbar tap + sign > tap File > tap Google Drive > open the shared folder and tap a video. The video will have a blue circle on it to mark the progress of the download.
- When the download is complete, tap Import (top right).
- In Explain Everything, the video can be resized by the corners so you have room to write.
- In order to record comments
- Tap the recorder at the bottom and select Recording mode = Mix
- Tap the red button to start recording in Explain Everything and Tap the video arrow to start playing it while recording
- Use the toolbar to add writing/typing/voice as you watch the video.
- Stop the recorder when done.
- Click playback to see and hear your comments.
Send recording back to student
- Click the Share arrow bottom right.
- Rename the video something like student name and “graded.” Tap OK. A “share” window will open.
- Be sure Video is selected and tap Google Drive. Select your shared folder. Tap Export.